Monday, April 2, 2007

Orris- West. LA


After a few bottles of wine and some good cheese, GameBoy’s friend Ember, M, and Beta stumbled a bit tipsy down the street with GameBoy and I to Orris. Since it was a Sunday night, we walked in and were seated at the bar right away. To continue our buzz, we ordered some sort of nice red wine. Unfortunately, I haven’t the slightest idea what it was, other than to say it was good. M and I decided to split the foie gras, shrimp mousse ravioli, and the seafood spring rolls. However, due to our late arrival, they were out of both the ravioli and the spring rolls, so we ordered the seafood salad and roasted quail instead. In addition, we ordered a Seafood salad, featuring Maine Lobster, squid, tomatoes, cucumber, and green beans. Finally, M selected the quail, which GameBoy and I had had before, and rather enjoyed. GameBoy, familiar with my passion for foie gras, split another order of the foie gras, which came seared atop a chunk of Japanese eggplant in shoyu sauce.

The food here is a bit pricey for my current salary, but compared to pricier and trendier small plates options in LA, such as the overrated A.O.C., Orris has better quality food for less cost. The service is good, and I like that they don’t take reservations, so you can actually go to a good place on a moment’s notice. Parking is readily available, both in the lot and on the street. One of my favorites delivered once again.

Date of Visit: 3/18/07

Orris

2006 Sawtelle Boulevard
Los Angeles, California 90025
(310) 268-2212

No comments: