Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Mother India- Costa Mesa

GameBoy likes Indian food, so we tried Mother India for lunch today. Like most Indian places, it had a lunch buffet for a reasonable prince- $7.95 per person. Eagerly, we headed to the buffet. Unfortunately, this wasn’t a particularly good buffet, even for an Indian lunch joint. There were two meat options: a mediocre chicken korma and tandoori chicken. While both were not bad, neither were they that great. This would have been fine if I could have supplemented them with the other dishes. However, the samosas were lukewarm and bland, the saag burnt, and the garbanzo bean dish unappetizing. I’m not sure if it’s our taste buds or what, but I normally enjoy Indian buffet more than this, even if it’s not my favorite cuisine. There was no lentil dish, surprisingly, and only the squash dish proved to be relatively okay. In addition, I got saag on my sleeve from where someone had smeared it on the glass protective cover. Since there aren’t too many other Indian options in the area, I guess this is okay if you have a real craving. But I’m not going back.



Date of Visit: 4/10/07

Mother India Restaurant

688 Baker St # 8
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 668-9661

No comments: