Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Wahoo's FIsh Taco- Costa Mesa

Today, I continued to explore the strip of restaurants along Bristol just west of the 405. I had been to a Wahoo’s before in Aliso Viejo, but wanted to try the one on the corner of Bristol and Baker to see how it compared. Unlike the Aliso Viejo location, which was located in a nice strip mall, the Costa Mesa II branch was an old free-standing ramshackle building with low ceilings. Since it was lunch time, it was very crowded, and all the tables appeared to be full. Luckily, it’s a sunny day today, so I ordered my two taco combo platter to go. The food came out quickly, and I got back into my car and parked on the roof of our office parking structure to better enjoy the weather.

My blackened fish tacos were hot and spicy. Topped with a little pico de gallo salsa, the corn tortilla tacos were pretty yummy, and I gobbled them right up. Unfortunately, the ahi rice was too buttery, and I don’t like black beans. As far as beans go, they were fine, but nothing special. Next time, I’ll just order more of their tacos.

Date of Visit: 4/9/07

Wahoo’s Fish Taco

3000 Bristol Ave.

Costa Mesa, CA

714-435-0130

No comments: