Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Metro Cafe- Costa Mesa

I met my new friend, OCBruinLawyer, at Metro Cafe for lunch, mostly because I only have an hour for lunch, and the Metro Cafe is located at the bottom of a mid-rise near where I work. It's a surprisingly small cafeteria-type place with sandwiches and burgers. OCBruinLawyer and I both get burgers (no onions) with fries. You pay at the register, then wait for your food to be finished. Unfortunately, they don't seem to be too good at letting you know when that is, as we ended up waiting for several minutes before he went up to the counter and asked, whereupon two styrofoam containers appeared with our food.

The burger was probably the worst I've had in a while, on the level of McDonald's in taste. The soggy bun was too big for the tiny patty, which appeared to be similar to the McDonald's QuarterPounder. It was drowning in mayo and some sauce, which dripped all over. Oddly, the fries were decent, and now that I think about it I can't figure out why I finished the burger and left the fries. I must have been distracted by the conversation.

In addition to the good conversation, I also had some bottled grapefruit juice by Langers, which was a nice change. Still, though, I'm not going back if I can help it.

Date of visit: 3/14/07

Metro Cafe
575 Anton Blvd , Costa Mesa 92626
714-957-3316

No comments: